Friday, September 30, 2016

My Golf Game: Trending Down

 Thursday: I could’ve gone to the Braves game, but really didn’t need to leave work early. Opted for golf instead. Guy was taking his time on the first tee, hitting ball after ball with a long pre shot routine before each. I snuck over to the 10th hole behind a single and before two good golfers. I felt rushed the whole time, and my game just fell apart. Couldn’t hardly hit a thing. The only way I’m decent is to relax and swing easy. First two balls splashed into the lake, so I dropped near the hole and pitched it past the green. Didn’t get better. Lost ball after ball. Hit several balls and just couldn’t find them. Later two more into a lake.
 
Wore my adidas spikeless golf shoes to try them out. Don’t think I’ll wear them Monday. Not enough cushioning. I’ll go with the white Footjoys or adidas oxfords instead.
 
Never got untracked. The two guys behind me were playing as fast as I was. Wasn’t hitting my woods very well. Hit my six iron better than my seven, eight, or wedge. Hit my driver a few times, since I’ll be needing it on Monday. Decent tee shot on 17 and 18. Better than the slow guy, who had tracked right next to me on the front nine. He hit several shots on the 9th hole. One sliced right from the 9th tee box, across my 18th fairway, and into the lake. I stepped up and drove a low shot and bounced almost up to the green. Take that, slow guy! Good one to quit on.
 
Stopped by Wendy’s on the way home. Watched Chicago Med and some Ryder Cup previews, then the Braves Live postgame. Ceil’s still sick.
 
Friday. Brad and Wanda were out. Rodney and Rachel were in training most of the morning, so it was me and Darryl. Last day of the month and quarter, so there was tons to do with me being out three days next week.
 
Sunday I drive to Augusta. Probably will miss most of the final game at Turner Field. I’ll spend the night with W&MC. Early golf tourney in Aiken that will stretch out all day. Monday’s golf tourney: 54 foursomes = 216 golfers. 14 of the groups are completely made up of novice golfers (if they didn’t lie about their handicaps). Maybe we won’t come in last place (if people don’t cheat on their scorecards).
 
Shotgun start, hopefully using both 18 hole courses.
 
Tuesday we’ll take physical inventory at our customer, then attend a meeting in the afternoon. Won’t get home until late.  
 
Jeff Schultz picked Tech to lose, Georgia and the Falcons to win. We’ll see.

No comments: