Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Commuting Blues

Happy with your commute? I’m not. After years of going home the same way (Spaulding to Holcomb Bridge), the backup on both roads continues to get worse. I’ve started crossing the river on Medlock Bridge, then taking Old Alabama to Haynes Bridge to Mansell. Less creeping, but it isn’t improving the overall time. Plus, it takes me right by places I like to stop, which isn’t good either.

The AJC loves that mega-church out in Gwinnett…here’s another story today…they’re giving away cars!

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/01/29/cars_0130.html

Busy month-end at work…Matthew has a bunch of catching up to do at his new school. Anna is doing great. Ceil has a focus group tomorrow night, so I’m trying to get everything done ahead of time, with varying success.

The new computer system training just got pushed back from April-May to May June. Our new boss is saying no one can take vacation one month BEFORE and AFTER these two months because of all the work and training that must be done. That could very mean I wouldn’t be able to go to the beach at all! Will could have a June Florida tourney, now there’s no way I can swing that. Ceil had thought we could all go to Destin, but I doubt she’d go by herself. This week there are a lot of unhappy people around the Southeast…we’re trying to see if we can change this.

Will won his game last night…it was a tough game and he got to play a decent amount. Matthew and Anna were hard at work on last minute homework assignments…the computer and printer were acting up, slowing everyone down.

POTUS (President)…I still haven’t been able to saturate myself into the primaries, but people seem to be dropping out left and right (wing). It’s still January! Guess everyone wants a hand in the decision-making process.

The Mets getting Santana can’t be good, but it’s not the end of the world. It’ll have offsetting payroll ramifications. Sure wish it had been the Yanks or Sox instead. They trade prospects, who can be replaced through free agency.

I’ve started emailing blog entries directly to my blogger account, instead of copying and pasting what I’d written. It’s working out well, though I’m rarely getting online at home to post them – so several hit at the same time.

No comments: