Friday, January 25, 2008

Of Shorts in Church, and Black Socks

At least the music at NP is tons better than most other places. Many Sundays I’ll look around at old people to see how they’re liking it. I probably like the music better than Ceil, though she and her friends like Todd Fields and some of those other younger guys. I like that Eddie Kirkland guy, the one Andy is always making fun of.

A co-worker went, a MBA but generally an ok guy. Called North Point “Disneyland

I just can’t wear shorts because I’m always so cold. To me sneakers are much warmer than dress shoes. You always know the visitors/first timers for the suits they wear. Johnson Ferry has gotten more casual, but they still look at you funny if you go too casual…not that I care.

Tuesday after work I picked up Anna at a friends because Ceil and Matthew were in Douglasville for Will’s game. I took Anna to Moe’s for a rare father/daughter evening. The closest Moes was the one at JF & Shallowford, not our usual Moes. But when we went in, the Coleys were just sitting down to eat, so we ate with them. Didn’t get to talk that much to Brian.

His church softball script is out being read in Hollywood, he has to re-write it for Foxworthy’s personality. Brian still says he wants me to read it. Guess it would be beyond his control to let us be in the softball sequences.

I forgot if Will won. He made one basket and one foul shot, and made a nice pass. A few players on the team wear black socks, and the trend is growing, particularly on the JV team. Will borrowed a pair of my black FootJoy crew socks and wore them. Since the barely go much higher than his ankle braces, and the backs of his Nike high-tops are mostly navy, it doesn’t look too bad.

Some of the boys pull their black socks relatively high, and it looks terrible to an old-school guy like me. Willis looks especially bad. For a tall guy he has a nice soft shot, and is one of the better foul shooters. Brother Joel’s black socks look bad as well.

I promised Matthew I’d get him another pair of white cleats, but it may be a tough task to find some. Haven’t been to Dick’s yet, but Eastbay didn’t have any that small. Got Anna a pair of brown low-cut Chuck Taylors that she wanted, but they’re too big.

Because of Average Cost I’m having to be careful to make sure everything’s correct before updating stuff. I’ve found lots of errors, and today it resulted in some office fireworks between some folks (not me).

No comments: