Saturday, January 05, 2008

Off With Just a Warning

Driving out of the neighborhood the Friday before Christmas my headlights seemed dimmer than usual, but my mind soon drifted to other things (like how all the sports-talk morning guys are on vacation). As I was crossing Peachtree Industrial I noticed a car was waiting to turn…it could’ve gone before me but waited.

Turned out to be a police car. It turned in behind me a turned on it’s flashers. As I searched for a place to pull over, I was having a hard time finding unfamiliar curbs in the darkness. I pulled into a lot and parked in front of a building, and flashed my brights…I had a burned-out headlight. The young lady cop took her time, but only gave me a warning.

Most of the things I look at on the internet are now blocked at work, so I hardly go online at all there any more. So I’ve been spending more time online at night, which hasn’t sat well with Ceil (it has effected these blog postings for sure!).

Haven’t gotten into TV basketball yet this year, but I am more interested in the Hawks.

Will went to the varsity game last night and spent the night with the Normans…today he’s going to see National Treasure.

People relate to John Daly because he is so open. At the Masters he wasn’t in the field, but Hooters had him park his RV in the lot. He would sit out in front and talk to everyone who came up. Sometimes I feel more like Kobe Bryant at work and Daly at places where I’m more comfortable.

No comments: