Saturday, January 05, 2008

God Works In Mysterious Ways...

While Ceil’s parents were here and we were eating at Moe’s, out of the blue Matthew started talking about how he’d like to go to Veritas School, “but my mommy is broke, and we need a thousand dollars.” It could do Matthew some good to take classes, and the whole reason we looked into it in November was because Ceil’s mother said she’d help. This has happened in the past, with no follow up. Budget-wise, there’s no way we could manage Veritas without help.

But after Matthew’s speech, her parents agreed to pay the way. Ceil talked to Veritas yesterday, and Anna will also go, at a greatly reduced rate. Ceil agreed to pay Anna’s way out of her budget money and cut back in other areas, but that didn’t stop her from buying a $25.00 bathmat at Anthropology.

Last night I didn’t think much was going on, but Will had practice, so the rest of us ran to Perimeter Mall so Ceil could return something. I got Anna And Matthew ice cream at Chick-fil-A. Saw another pair of Pumas on sale that I craved, but I resisted. Had they been black or red or blue instead of white I might’ve caved. Actually I think I saw those shoes cheaper on eBay.

I’m glad the Stews got syndicated and moved to what, 1 – 4 pm? I’d much rather listen to the big guy, the King, Chuck Oliver. Still, it might not be as good as Buck & Kincaid. Read yesterday’s AJC article on the new crew at Star 94, and listened a little this morning. The Murphy girl dates the lead singer of Reliant K, a Christian rock band that Will saw at the Tabernacle. Fred Claus is at the Picture Show…I’ll have to read a review.

Spent most of the day creating 2007 reports to help my boss’s decision-making, which is more interesting than most of what I’ve been doing. My parents are coming up tomorrow. Will has a science project he needs to finish, as well as basketball practice.

No comments: