Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wednesday

Got a letter from Dekalb County, that they had some of my possessions that I could pick up. Didn’t know what it was, and there was no phone number, so I went down there today. I couldn’t identify any lost items, and it appears that recently someone, perhaps even a homeless person, was arrested on public intoxication…and gave my name and address! Someone losing their hair on top, according to the arrest photo, they said. The items included a clothes bag. We could’ve given a travel bag to Goodwill that still had some ID in it, but I’ll be checking my credit reports. The officer involved works the night shift, so I’ll call him tonight.

Found a 1988 white Braves jersey, similar to the current jersey. Thought it might’ve been a callup or minor league jersey, but couldn’t find the name anywhere (I forget the name). Nice number 37. Had a small “88” tag on the lower front, along with the regular Wilson tag, size 42. The sleeves were pretty short, as was the style back in the 80’s. What was most interesting was the extra layer of non-polyester fabric on the inside collar, going all the way down the front. I guess to make that part of the jersey heavier, to lay flat, and perhaps to absorb sweat and be more comfortable. Boever was number 37 in 1988, by the way.

I guess Kotsay should fill the bill for 2 million. Mike Cameron only got a one-year deal for what, $8M, which may have been too much for Wren. Plus he had the 25 game suspension.

Looks like the Hawks are starting to gel.

Drove up to Richmond, and listened to two books on CD…one on JFK Jr supposedly written by a longtime friend, and Michael Creighton’s Next. Now I’m listening to a book on J. Edgar Hoover, and after that a Lincoln book written by Doris Kearns Goodwin, the lady from the PBS Baseball series.

Our small group meets on Friday nights. This past Friday we all had a long discussion about the future of the group. Looks like we’ll finish the school year as a group, perhaps before then we’ll be closer to knowing what will happen after that. There are a few couples that could be added, so it would be possible to split into two groups.

No comments: