Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Beaning

The kid that Will hit was fine…he got hit in the helmet, I meant. Also hit another kid in the back. Starting pitcher Mitch also hit a batter. Both try too hard. Mazzone said it’s better to pitch with 95% effort than 105%...especially against bottom of the order hitters looking for walks.

No bad blood, but the teams didn’t seem to like each other, perhaps from school. DuPont only had 5-6 decent hitters, but fielded well. Didn’t look like they had much pitching, past the stud starter.

Missed the Braves, which wasn’t much. Missed the Wednesday day game loss. Ceil is starting to pay attention, and worried about the loss, so I told her there was almost 3 weeks left. Do you think that if Heyward continues his strong September that he’ll win ROY? His OBP is better than Pujols right now, and he’s got his average up to .287. Seems like that’s an award the press likes to give to a player from the NE, or LA.

Lang’s Bobby Cox book is now available for pre-sale on Amazon. You can probably search Lang Whitaker Bobby Cox to find it. It won’t be coming out until mid-March. Didn’t realize he did the voiceovers for two audiobooks.

Kelly, the outspoken mom in our old small group, landed a multi-book contract to write historical fiction novels about the Pennsylvania Dutch Amish. I think one of them has already come out.

Ceil got a blackberry, and bothered me the whole game with texts, wanting updates, responding with frowny faces. Reminded me of the Hannah Montana episode. At least I can get hold of her better.

I just started texting just a few months ago myself, getting updates on Braves games and from different people on Twitter. It gave me something to do when I was at that concert with Matthew for eight hours!

No comments: