Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Grab Bag

I did like a recent Bradley line. The Saturday after the Rockies came back from being down 10-1 to win, the Braves found themselves in a Saturday night game up 10-1 again (Marlins?). Mark quipped “The Braves are winning 10-1, and they always win when they’re winning 10-1. Except last Wednesday.”

Good NFL game Thursday night. I also watched some of Auburn/MSU.

Looks like I’m being asked to do too much Friday night. Take Anna somewhere at 6:30-7:00 AND go see a movie with Matthew.

My friend thinks next year the Braves will get rid of Melky, Kawakami, and Diaz. McLouth will be given the chance again in center. Freeman plays first base. Venters inherits the closer role. Andruw Jones will be signed to play left. I just want to make sure Infante has an every day job.

I take it Andruw could be signed cheaply. The move would be popular with the “fans”…and quiet those wanting Francouer back. Andruw would be an upgrade over Melky, who is my personal whipping boy. Hate that Diaz had such a bad year, being hurt and struggling despite increased playing time. McLouth has been stinging the ball, and got robbed several times in Florida this weekend. Looks like Schafer is still another year away, if ever.

The more KK pitches, the more he seals his own fate. Seemed like JJ was hacked at himself for his performance, which was good. Nice to see Lee hit a HR.

Don’t know if I’d call the calendar awesome, but depending on the view, you can see a month or more at one time. I lightly shade all the Saturday & Sunday lines (& holidays), to break up the weeks. When I get 2011 events to put on the calendar, I just post them below December. At some point (November, usually) I’ll copy the current calendar and adjust the days to make next year’s calendar.

Our problem, both scheduling and financial, is getting on the same page. We’re bad planners. We need to connect how spending an unplanned $400.00 to repair a car or air conditioner relates to normal monthly expenses. Ceil really wanted to go to the Decatur Book Festival last weekend. I told her when it was and told her to put it on her calendar. Last weekend I asked if she was going, and it was obvious she had forgotten.

We have a glass dry-erase square from IKEA, about 2-1/2 feet square. Hung it next to the telephone and drew squares for a calendar. I’ll update it from time to time, but no one else uses it.

No comments: