Monday, September 20, 2010

Football Thoughts

Since Kennesaw State is starting up a football team, today I emailed them several uniform suggestions, and offered my assistance. I may know someone on the committee.

Paul Johnson’s system is set up to win, not win pretty. I try to remember that. The UNC win was a classic example. Those two second-half UNC turnovers were key, the difference in the game. Good thing Tech hit on the two field goals.

Loved that Nesbitt only threw four passes. Completed three, one for a TD. Didn’t see a pass dropped.

UGA got beat by an experienced QB. Thought that last Arkansas sack should’ve drawn a helmet on helmet penalty.

Clemson looked good. Auburn didn’t, and was lucky to win. Cheap shot by Auburn DB to stick Parker in the back helmet first. Parker almost gutted out the win. The long-snapper cost Clemson a shot a winning. Good call by the refs on that play. Perhaps a bad no-call on an earlier OT play, when they could’ve called roughing the passer on Auburn.

Glad Auburn didn’t wear blue helmets and pants. Hope I never see them. Auburn has some good-looking unis.

Bama Backs: Richardson is better than Ingram. No ACC school blows out Duke like that.

Sweet call by the Michigan State coach, faking the FG to win in OT. Then he checks into the hospital and had a stint inserted.

Nice catch by Randy Moss, though he should’ve caught the three earlier over-the-middle passes thrown his way. I like Wes Welker, Tom Brady, and that rookie TE Fernandez from Florida.

Nice that Calvin Johnson caught a TD to keep the Lions in the game. Was rooting for him, since Vick’s Eagles weren’t wearing their lovely throwbacks.

Knowshawn had a big game for Denver.

See where the Colts QB had a brother playing QB for the opposing Giants? What are the odds! NBC devoted a good chunk of the pregame to the Manning family. Some think it overkill. I loved it.

Interesting segment on the calls Peyton makes at the line of scrimmage. Some are completely fake. Showed proof that the calls throw the defense off. On NBC I like Costas, Michaels, Collingsworth, Dungy, and Patrick.

Saturday night I wore my grey Pumas to our friend’s house. While watching the Clemson game, I noticed the soles were cracking, just like my identical red pair. The first glue that I’d tried hadn’t worked, so Sunday I used a tube of water-resistant silicone sealant on both pair. The sealant went on white, and I smoothed it out around the entire soles. It dried clear and shiny, though I’m going to let them dry a few more days before testing them out. I may have to get some of that Shoe Goo stuff.

No comments: