Thursday, September 09, 2010

10K Results

"Official" results from the Labor Day 10K race we ran Macon Monday:

Will: 40:24

18th overall

1st seventeen year-old

Pace = 6:31

As the fourth teenage finisher, Will just missed receiving a medal in the 15-19 age group.

If these results are true, this beats Will’s personal best by over ten minutes. After the race Will said the clock was under fifty minutes when he finished. He might have misread the clock…I might have done that once. The finish clock was situated where you could clearly see it for the last hundred yards.

Will might have fallen in with a fast pack, and just kept up. He said he ran most of the way near one other runner in particular. When I finished I noticed a man recording my race number. Runners were trickling in by the time I finished. Looking at the early times, it appeared runners were trickling in then as well. Perhaps he made a mistake. Whatever’s the case, he has a great time to post for the Peachtree registration.

Me: 1:06:50

452th overall

30th in the 50-54 age group.

At registration I noticed two people could enter the team competition. We fell into the “parent/child” category, where our combined time was fourth best. So we just missed winning that medal as well.

Just before the race, we walked from the parking lot onto the street to start the race. As my custom, I wanted to take as few steps as possible on the dew covered grass. I went out of my way to step on a water meter, which immediately collapsed. I could’ve sprained my ankle, but caught myself just in time.

It was the 34th running of the race. Years ago I had run in the race, both the 5K and the 10K.

No comments: