Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Angevine

Don’t know if I told you about an old friend who found me on Facebook. He’s always been single, and he moved to Panama City. When he lived in Atlanta he often attended all 81 Braves home games, back in the 80’s and early 90’s. When I’d go to a game, I’d always know to look for him down near the Braves bullpen.

He moved to PC and works second shift for one of those travel web sites (not Orbitz or Travelocity). He said he tries to actually help people get good deals, unlike some coworkers who make more money sticking it to customers. Reminded me of Mr. Incredible, when he was working for the insurance company.

If you ever think you’d need his services let me know, and I can hook you up.

Friday night Ceil, Will, and Anna are attending Haley Hurt’s “tea party”, the Living Science rite-of-passage ceremony for 16 year old girls. It’s also the tea party for Mary Clayton and Elizabeth Hanson (Alyssa and Emily’s middle sister). It will last a long time. I’m in charge of Matthew for the evening. I was thinking Braves game, but he’d probably rather do something else. Maybe Moes and a movie.

The buzz at work this morning is about the guy I replaced on the EZGo team. He went to work for a downtown processor he had used. Their quality was terrible, so I moved all the business…increasing quality and streamlining metal flow, dramatically lowering processing, scrap, and freight costs. He was laid off over ten months ago. He lives with his girlfriend, who has a good job. On Labor Day he was nabbed for DUI and following too closely…probably not far from Holt’s house, where we were at the time. His mug shot is making the rounds here at work today.

No comments: