Monday, September 13, 2010

Oven-Baked

Friday I had to drive C and A up to Living Science, as Will had gone on ahead. C felt bad all weekend. It was too late to go to a movie, so M and I rented Percy Jackson and ate “oven-baked pizza”, as M calls Tombstones.

Will’s team rolled 13-1. My friend Jim called balls & strikes (he got some heat from the opposing coach). Leading off, Will worked the count full, then swung and missed at the payoff pitch. He did triple with two on base, was walked, and hit by a pitch. Scored twice. Ryan Tamucci pitched through a short rain delay, and had ten strikeouts in four innings. Lucy and her mom came to watch.

Saturday night I took Ceil to California Dreaming, in Kennesaw. That had been her favorite restaurant back in her Columbia days…her design firm worked on the interiors. We hadn’t eaten at one in 15 years, but it was ok. That night I stayed up late (midnight) watching a Sept 11th documentary.

Not a good weekend to watch football. Sunday I watched the Tech replay instead of the Falcons, since I’d missed most of the game Saturday. Saw the Falcons OT. Loved the Eagles unis so much that I watched most of that game.

Tough game Saturday. Still, I think GT can turn things around. I’m hoping now that NC will go into the game taking us lightly, and the Bees can rise up and pull out a win (but NC always plays us tough, especially in Chapel Hill).

The Cards do seem tough. Saw chunks of all three weekend games.

No comments: