Thursday, September 09, 2010

Calendars

Every year I make an excel spreadsheet with a calendar and checkbook tab (I also record all spending on the checkbook tab). The calendar has 365 lines, one per day. Each family member has one column, to record an activity for that day. A few years ago I added an extra column for Will, since he’s gotten busier. Next year I may have to add an extra Anna column. Other columns are extra fields, and others have the sports schedules: Braves, GT, UGA, Clemson, and Falcons. I track all sorts of things.

Once that day passes, I’ll add one or two words describing what each family member did that day. Sept 9, 2002 was a Monday. The Braves clinched the division, the Pats played on MNF, and Ceil went to a home school meeting at Johnson Ferry.

Since Ceil always asks me what I want for dinner, I have a column where I put what we have for dinner every night. That way I can easily track how many times we go out to eat every month. Will says he “never” gets to spend time with friends, and I can tell him how many times he has.

I also get the same black “At A Glance” monthly calendar, but it just becomes a scrapbook, with pictures, ticket stubs, and stickers chronicling the year. I have these going back to 1985. I’d always write what happened that day on there as well, so it does overlap the excel calendar.

For 2011, I’ve been thinking about the Braves…

C…McCann/Ross

1B…Freeman

2B…Prado or Infante

SS…Gonzalez

3B…Chipper or Prado

LF…Infante or Diaz?

CF…?

RF…Heyward

1…Hudson

2…Jurrigans

3…Lowe?

4…Minor

5…KK? Hopefully not!

Closer…Venters?

Didn’t realize Mike Hessman was still knocking around, this year for the Mets.

Stashing away a dollar a day sounds like a fun little adventure. After a year I might be prompted to spend it on a pressing need at the time. I almost always use Christmas and birthday money to pay bills, since those are the two months with the greatest financial need.

Didn’t they change the interleague rotation, so fans would see more AL teams closer to them, and less teams further away? Or was it the other way around?

No comments: