Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Master Toothpick Bridge Builder

Yesterday was typically chaotic. Both A and M had presentations. Anna’s toothpick bridge ranked with MC’s brother’s as the strongest in the class. I made several suggestions about how to lay out the toothpicks, but Anna diligently did all the work. Will had to break it, because the weights didn’t bust it.

At the last minute Matthew couldn’t find one of his notecards from his Jellyfish speech, but he was able to improvise. Then Ceil had the Tuesday night Johns Creek run all by herself, while I got to chat with friends at Will’s game.

After Will’s DH last night we took MC over to MP, where her younger brother had played. On the way, Will commented how he hopes there is Facebook when he gets old, so he can keep up with old friends. I didn’t tell him it wasn’t as great as he thinks, though there are many exceptions.

Ceil thinks it’s funny (or not) when she texts me, and I reply by saying “great!” Not a word I often use in conversation.

Before I leave on my April trip I’ll add DOB to my Twitter feed, so I’ll get plenty of updates on Jekyll, when I’m cut off from the world. Then I’ll drop him and Bowman, since I’m receiving so many texts from them.

I need to get Anna running, so she can run cross country this fall. JFBC has a good kids league, and probably FBC Woodstock as well.

Found out Lucy’s mom reads my blog, which means I’ll go back and check what I’ve written about her family. But they’re great people, so I’m not worried. Welcome, Lynn!

No comments: