Wednesday, March 09, 2011

More on the Team

New player Jordan is the starting shortstop. As I've said, he played with Will in Cooperstown. Last night he batted fifth, hit the ball hard, and had the best inning on the mound. A great addition to the team (though he did make an error last night). Looks like they’ve got a good new catcher as well.

Will was moved to third to shore up the defense, the thinking probably being that second-base is an easier position for younger players. But when Will pitches, a weaker fielder has to play the field.

When I got home Tuesday night I helped Matthew write his Thomas Jefferson paper. He usually works at a snail’s pace, but after Ceil went to bed he hammered it out pretty good.

I’ve been looking at most of the daily Braves pictures on AJC.com, though I’ve missed a few days lately. McLouth has a sore shoulder and a weak arm in general. I wish he was the one getting work in left and right, so Schafer could play more in center.

No comments: