Friday, March 25, 2011

Anna's First Driving Lesson

Thursday the van was overheating, so Ceil took it to the Chevron station at JF & Roswell Road, next to the Firestone, about as far away as our regular shop. Will had class and a game, so I came home early, and we all went for a ride. He went early to his game for pictures, so we hit Publix and Wendys.

When we returned, I walked down to the field, while Ceil gave Anna her first driving lesson. I saw my car scooting around the parking lot, a little faster than normal. She was thrilled. After the game we checked on the van, and it was ready.

Signed Will and me up for the Peachtree, which means I better start working out. Thursday night I did well, so I’ve got to keep it up.

Watched more basketball Thursday night than I have in a while. Finally getting into the tourney. Hated that Duke and BYU lost. That Lamb guy for UConn played at Norcross High. Will has played pickup games against him. Lamb's brother played for Flight, the homeschool team Will played on.

Friday morning I had to take a detour around the Spaulding fire. I was ahead of the traffic, so it wasn’t too bad. There’s a fire station across the street from the building the burned.

Will was the starting pitcher Friday afternoon, and neither me nor Ceil could be there. Ceil stayed at Anna’s rehearsal to work on costumes. Saturday I’ll get out the spring/summer clothes, and put up most of the winter clothes. That will probably run into Sunday.

I always hated it when people laugh at their own jokes, though most other people don’t seem to mind. Lately I’ve found myself laughing at my own jokes. Not TOO loud, luckily.

Researched some books that I want to read, checking if they’re at the library. Since they closed that Merchants Walk library, no Cobb library is convenient for me.

These days it’s unfortunate that youth activities have become so specialized, that a kid who doesn’t take up a craft or sport at 4 or 6, then wants to try it when they’re 10 or 12, and they’re so far behind the curve that it’s no fun. Just a couple of Matthew’s basketball teammates also played football and basketball, and they were the most well rounded athletes. Many families can’t make that time commitment, especially with multiple children.

No comments: