Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Famous 42s

What top 8 players from MLB/NBA/NFL wore the number 42 ??

Vin Baker (Bucks)

Elton Brand

Charlie Connerly…2% (I should’ve gotten Charlie, as a kid I had his jersey)

Pat Cummings

John Gilliam (70’s era WR: SC, Vikings, Saints, Falcons)

Mike Gminski

Connie Hawkins…2%

Ronnie Lott…11%

Kevin Love

Sid Luckman…3% (I did not get Sid)

Rick Mahler

Donyell Marshall

Sam Mitchell (Mercer U, Timberwolves)

Chuck Nevitt

Lee Petty (NASCAR)

Biff Pocoroba

Stan Putnal (Central High, Macon, GA)

Theo Ratliff Pat Riley (San Diego Rockets)

Gerald Riggs (Falcons)

Mariano Rivera…11%

Jackie Robinson…67%

Jerry Stackhouse (I have his 76ers jersey)

Bruce Sutter

Roy Tarpley

Nate Thurmond

Mo Vaughn

Paul Warfield

Kermit Washington

Scott Williams

Walt Williams

Kevin Willis (the ageless one)

Mike Woodson

James Worthy…4%

Lorenzen Wright

These lists are usually heavy on basketball players, since basketball reference sorts players by number. I have yet to find a similar site for baseball or football. I previously researched the Braves, and the Falcons have an all-time numerical roster as well.

No comments: