Twenty-two things to remember about people with ADHD, from Lifehack.org. The full article is here: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/20-things-remember-you-love-person-with-add.html
1. They have an active mind.
2. Listen but don’t absorb what’s being said.
3. Have difficulty staying on task.
4. Become anxious easily.
5. Cannot concentrate when emotional.
6. Concentrate too intensely.
7. Hard to stop a task when in the zone.
8. Unable to regulate their emotions.
9. Have verbal outbursts.
10. Have social anxiety.
11. Are deeply intuitive.
12. Think out of the box.
14. Impatient and fidgety.
15. Physically sensitive.
16. They are disorganized.
17. They need space to pace.
18. They avoid tasks.
19. Can’t remember simple tasks.
20. Many tasks going on at same time.
21. Passionate about all they do.
22. What happened to number 13? (old joke).
People with ADHD have trouble controlling their impulses. Have to work extra hard to complete a simple task. They are hard to love. Like walking through a minefield, you never know what to say – what word or phrase will set off an explosion of emotion. They are suffering – life is more difficult for them than the average person.