Friday, February 27, 2015

Meet Eury

Evan Gattis takes outfield practice for the Houston Astros.

Somehow I got added to a Braves focus group for the next week or so. I'm supposed to give my opinions on concessions, atmosphere, etc. Last night was the first night and after answering a few questions I noticed one or two people dislike the stadium move and one or two approved of the move. I decided to state my strong opinion and take a stand. I'll let you know if I get any flack. Not sure if anyone can join - I had previously answered a survey that led to the email.

Tomorrow Ceil has a birthday luncheon with friends. She's been on the go with the Oklahoma trip then a trip to SC. Also a few doctor appointments. 

Melvin has a hurt toe. Simba an oblique. Any observations after the first full day of spring training? It's good to be back. Anything can happen in the next seven months.

ROB: Spring training will be interesting with all of the new faces.  I am most interested in seeing how Peterson, the IF acquired from the Padres and Almonte, the NYY OF do over the next few weeks.  It will also be interesting to see what happens with Hector Olivera, the 2B/3B due to come out of Cuba soon.  He is older (30), but they say he is ready to contribute in the majors now.  Atlanta seems to be in the mix.

The move to Cobb County will forever be a dividing line for people.  I can't read Rowland's Office anymore - those guys have just become completely miserable.

Eury Perez became an important name today.

ME: Hopefully he'll do so well that the next Wally Pipp will be named Melvin Upton Jr.

No comments: