Monday, August 24, 2015

Musings in Macon

Sunday: Did housework then drove down to Macon late Sunday afternoon. Went to bed at 9:45. Good thing, its been a long day today.

Left home at 8:55 and walked into the hospital at 9:30. My dad had some bloodwork done and we all waited around until he was taken back at 1:10. Took the doctor 1:45 to put in 5 stints, and he was back in the room at 3 pm.

He was moved to a regular room just after six, and he's scheduled to be released at 8 am.

I think some people argue so much because they so want to say what they think, to the point of not listening to what the other person is saying. Doesn't help that so many of us are hard of hearing. People voice opinions and ask questions and tell stories that could be completely unrelated - all long after the opportunity to apply said "advice" has passed (and often without bothering to do so in person). If I don't show up I shouldn't expect to have a voice in the decision.

So many people are so focused on themselves that they completely miss what's going on in the world around them. I know that's the case with me. People don't get certain needs met and then over-compensate in other areas. For me it's hoarding 175 bobbleheads. For someone else it might be having to have their own way instead of putting others ahead of themselves, as Jesus told us to do. Wait, that might be me as well.

I do such a poor job loving my neighbor (and family, and my Lord). I have no business posting Bible verses on social media instructing others to do something I'm failing at myself. As much of a hypocrite as I am, that would be even more so.

No comments: