Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Moving Day

Today was the first day to move into dorms at UGA. Anna and I left at 6:15, stopped once at the Hamilton Mill Chickfila, and joined the Milledge Avenue gridlock at 7:45. I bypassed Baxter and negotiated a back way to campus. Anna joined the 100 yard registration line and I parked and carried two loads up to her third floor dorm.
After returning to the car I found Anna's roommate stuck in traffic and directed them to a parking spot. Ken and I carried up the fridge and futon and the rest of the stuff. Then line of families comng and going seemed endless. I saw a new friend from JFBC Sunday School. On another trip I made another new friend:

Just as we were putting the finishing touches on the room Ceil and Mary-Clayton arrived with Anna's hanging clothes.
Anna and Emily were anxious to embark on their college careers. Before the Mortons left Julie videoed the room, which I felt moved to document:
The girls have a decent view, including part of Sanford Stadium:
Ceil, MC, and I ate at the downtown Five Guys. I was famished making the burger and free refills all the better. Drove home, then up to Cumming to retrieve Matthew.

No comments: