Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The Series Begins

Finally a World Series to be excited about, even though the Indians took an early lead.

Left work at 5:45 Friday. Leftovers for dinner. I went to bed early because I was so worn out from the week. Saturday I worked from 7 am to 6 pm. Chickfila biscuits for breakfast and Jimmy Johns sandwiches for lunch.

Sunday we left home at 9 am to go to PCC. Then went straight to Turner Field for a season ticket holder event. Fox Brothers BBQ. Lots of signs and others stuff for sale, many for more than $200.00. Buddy Johnny Pierce bought a large sign. I bought a thick Braves scorebook and C bought a pennant – one dollar each. Almost bought a jersey. Line for the half price caps was too long. Never made it down on the field.

Fought traffic north to Pershing Point so Ceil could return some art supplies. Then we drove to the crowded Marietta Square for another Ceil errand. Didn't get home until 3 pm. After being gone for seven straight days, I was ready to crash.

I like car trips. If the object of the honeymoon is to spend time with your new spouse, seems like a car trip wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Teaches you their likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses, what end of the toothpaste tube they use, etc.

Over the years C and I have driven to Florida several times, to Chicago, to Detroit, to Richmond, to Washington DC, to Memphis, Hilton Head, and of course to Myrtle Beach over 20 times.

Years ago Ceil and I went on one of those time share overnights up in NC, before we had kids. Not too impressed with the place. I wouldn't mind going on one down to Orlando if they included Disney tickets.

No comments: