Thursday, October 19, 2023

Chick-fil-A Days

When I worked at CFA in 1980, I was hired and worked the first day the Omni store opened. The operator was a “young” guy named Jim Mixon (Nixon?), about 40 years old. But he was in the store inside the CNN Center, not the State Farm Arena (back then it was still the Omni). At a banquet we met Truett Cathy.

During the week the Bill Gothard Seminar was in the Omni, before during and after the sessions so many of the attenders would flood the CFA for breakfast lunch and dinner. Our CFA set the company record for most sales in one week.

Was after 6 pm before I left work Tuesday I stopped for gas. Spaghetti for supper. 

Was up almost every hour of the night. Hadn’t set my alarm and finally I slept from 4:20 to 5:50 – longer than I had expected. Had to hustle to get to work for my 7 am training session.

Lunch Wednesday was Jason’s Deli, with strawberry shortcake for dessert. Thursday lunch was Maddio’s Pizza.

Feeling better than last night, but still not great. Again I was up almost every hour. Had training this morning and had to walk out almost every 30 minutes. They say I need to drink more, but I’m not sure I want to. Thought about leaving early today, but stuck around until after 5 pm.

Got my reminder this morning for my annual physical next Thursday. Will be good to talk to the doctor. Not crazy about taking meds with side effects.

Not much other news. Training not too bad, but things gonna get interesting come Nov 2-7.

HANK AARON   [SABR Bio] sits atop the career extra-base hits totem pole, with 1,477 XBH during his 23 seasons. Barry Bonds (1,440) & Albert Pujols (1,405) are the only other players whose totals are more than 1,400. Aaron is the all-time leader in RBI produced with 2,297 & in total bases with 6,856. The "gold" in Baseball-Reference indicates the all-time, career leader in a category. He and a teammate were the first-ever Gold Glove winners for their franchise. In 1958, the 2nd year the GG was awarded, Aaron was one of the three NL outfield winners. Del Crandall won for NL catcher. Catcher Joe Torre was the only other winner (1965) while the team was still in Milwaukee. 

Dension answers the questions: who are the Palestinians? Did Israel steal their land? Is their plight in Gaza Israel’s fault? How should Christians view them today?

No comments: