Tuesday, October 31, 2023

The Grand-Dog

Tech has certainly improved. UNC could not stop GT's offense. A great win. Perhaps UNC was looking past Tech, but how could they considering Tech had won the past two meetings? I stayed up to the end of the game.
Early in the GT game things did not look good for Tech. C had wanted to watch Colorado @ UCLA because she likes announcer Herbstreit. I was following GT on my phone and saw they had scored. I flipped it back to UNC@GT. The ACC Network announcer was former GT announcer Wes Durham (who graduated from UNC, where his dad Woody was the Heels legendary announcer Woody Durham).
In the second half Wes Durham kept saying how the exhausted UNC defense simply could not stop GT's no huddle offense, which was mostly run, with a few passes thrown in. That statement alone made me stay up to watch to the end. Late in the game UNC kicker missed a field goal. He'd been 910 before then. GT quickly scored to take the lead. NC responded with a score, but Tech drove down and threw a game-winning TD pass. Exciting game.
And if GT can beat NC, there's no reason poor Clemson can't beat UNC. The Tigers have a better defense than GT. All Clemson has to do is run the ball, with their two talented RBs. No reason to throw.
Ceil nursed a sourdough starter for several days, following directions from Claire Saffitz (below), before baking her bread (above). My tweet gained attention from several bread loving accounts.
Last week I hadn't been sleeping well. Thought it might be caffeine, or worries over work. Then I was checking benefits & side effects of a new supplement I had started taking, and it causes sleeplessness. Then I got my prescription filled, and I'm not crazy about those side effects either. I know you're supposed to take them as directed, but maybe I'll alternate the supplement and prescription every other day. I seem to be doing better already. We'll see.

C had been under the weather on Saturday. For supper I picked her up a bowl of chicken tortilla soup from Chickfila. Stopped by Taco Bell for me. She stayed home from church Sunday morning.

Sunday was so bright and sunshiney, and I was outside a good chunk of the day. Long walk to Sunday School from the parking lot, and the long walk back. 23 in attendance.

Afterward I dropped off a box at Goodwill. Stopped by a cookie place but it was closed. Filled up with gas at RaceTrac. Grabbed a pizza for lunch. Stopped by CVS for the prescription. Back home I raked leaves, in preparation for Halloween. Then the sunny drive down to W&MCs. By the time I got there I realized how tired I was.

Monday: up early to run at the gym. Got to work at 7:20 am. Got to facetime with Shivonne on her actual birthday. She enjoyed flipping the phone upside down.
Veterans Day: JFBC does a "parade" through the building, with lunch afterward.

No comments: