Saturday, October 07, 2023

Matthew's Birthday

Friday morning: ran 2 miles. Got to the gym at 5:30. Fastest two back to back miles I'd ran in years, averaging 10:50 per.

Drove down to Anna's after work and rode with them to the Westside Taqueria. I got the special: Fajitas Mexicano. Then we had dessert at Jeni's ice cream. Stuffed.

This morning I golfed with the professor.

1. Hit 4 tee shots waiting on him to get ready. First one sliced toward the woods. Third try was one of my longest drives ever. Chip wasn't long enough. Flubbed a chip, then a better one. Chipped on green. Two putt. "Double ".

2. Flubbed tee shot. Hit two decent 8 irons, both just short of green. Bad chip, okay chip. Two putt. "Double".

3. Hit far left. Flubbed the mulligan. Hit a great chip that was headed toward the green, but it hit a tree branch. Chip sailed right and bounced down the hill. Several more chips. Nine?

4. Hit a good 8 iron from the tee, that rolled off the green into the rough. Poor chip. Great lag putt within inches. Bogey.

5. Decent 6 iron off tee. Bad chip. Mulligan much better. Putt rolled several feet past, but I sank a nice comebacker for "bogey ".

6. Hit three hybrids off the tee, because I wasn't sure where they went. Two had sailed slightly left, but cleared the thick natural area into the fairway. Two good long tee shots. So of course I flub my next shot. Next shot better but short. Chip and two putt. "Double".

7. Decent tee shot rolled up the hill, under a tree. The exact shot why I carry a 3 iron in my bag, though I rarely use it. Hit my best 3 iron ever, that stayed under the branches but over the hill, down the middle of the fairway. Then a good 9 iron onto the green.  Great lag putt . Bogey. The professor hit his yellow ball under a tree, where there were hundreds of yellow leaves on the ground. He couldn't find it, but found a white ball. He said it had changed colors - must've been a Chinese golfer's proverb.

8. Drive sailed high and slightly right, but shorter than usual. Decent 8 iron to the fringe. Chipped twice, both just okay. Two putt for bogey.

9. Decent 3 wood off tee, high but short. While Jee looked for his ball I chipped three times: bad, better, best. Two putt for "bogey". 

After golf I headed east to Dekalb Farmers Market, for pizza dough and mozzarella cheese. Got pastries for breakfast. Bad traffic at 285 & 400.

Got out some winter clothes. Piled a bunch in my car to give away. Ham & cheese sandwiches for lunch. Did some laundry and other housework.

Watching Texas/Oklahoma. Next up: Clemson@WakeForest.

No comments: