Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Run In With the Law

On the way home last night, as I was rolling to a stop at a red light I noticed a police car swiftly stop behind me. When the light turned green I drove normally, but after a couple hundred yards the police car flipped on its lights. I immediately pulled over and got out my license. “Sire, my records are showing that the owner of this car has an expired license”.

I looked down at my license in my hand, that I had recently renewed. Expiration date read 2031. I showed it to the officer, and admitted my license had expired in August, but I renewed it soon thereafter. The officer took my license back to her car. When she returned she pointed out that what I had was an ID card, not a driver’s license. She asked if I had renewed in person or through the mail. Mail, I replied.

I remembered how hard it had been to renew on line. Obviously I had renewed incorrectly. She gave me a ticket, but said it would go away when I correctly renew my drivers license. Great. Nothing is easy. Been a while since a policeman had pulled me over. Kinda good that she did, or I wouldn’t have realized that I didn’t have a license.

When I pulled back into traffic (on busy Holcomb Bridge Road), I stayed in the right lane for about a mile. The police car pulled out behind me. Couple of cars passed us on the left. Eventually I merged into the left lane, as I would be turning left at the next light. The police car roared past me on the right, flipped on its lights, and pulled over another car.

Worked past 5:30 on Monday. C cooked chicken tenders and rice, and tossed a salad.

Lunch today was Jason’s Deli sliders, potato salad, raw vegetables and fruit. I hate the term veggies. No one over 13 should use that word, except when speaking to a child. Sorry.

Goodness gracious The Voice on what, NBC? Shoot is it on two hours a night 5 nights a week? NBC ain't got nothing better to put on TV? Half the time the first hour is a repeat of the night before. Not exactly the golden age of TV. Love that Reba though.

Did you see any of the Vikings/49ers? On one of the first plays of the game, a SF DB stole the ball from the Vikings WR for an interception. But later that Minn WR caught a TD pass. Then just before the half that same SF DB stepped in front of that same Minn WR to intercept the pass. But this time the Minn WR stole the ball from the SF DB – and ran untouched for a long TD. Amazing play.

C is liking Peyton Manning, so we watched the Manningcast. Peyton had a bunch or boys in his basement demonstrating formations. Aaron Rodgers was the guest, and he got along with Peyton and Eli well. Later Klay Thompson was the guest.

This past week the Jags wore their black helmet. Colts debuted a new black helmet. Texans and Titans wore navy helmets. When everyone is super, no one is.

Still haven’t started training on what we’ll really be doing. We convert over late next week. Not sure everyone realizes the number of transactions that go on every day. Hundreds and hundreds. Over 400 parts going back and forth between like 20+ vendors RMP MOB COL SUN EV CH FAN ACM RP PFI GAPL BC PRO INT DAL WIN MT HUD OHIO BAK EST RLHUD ETC - why we’ve been playing zone defense all this time instead of man to man. Way too much for 4 people to handle every individual tag each step along the way. Hope I'm wrong. I have a hard time following my mouse as it moves across the screen.

JOHN McGRAW   [SABR Bio] is third on the all-time career on-base percentage list, trailing only Ted Williams and Babe Ruth. McGraw’s OB % was .466 (Williams’ is .482, Ruth’s .474). He played and managed the NL Orioles in 1899 and the AL Orioles in 1901 & 1902. McGraw made eight errors in ten chances in his first professional game, playing for the 1890 Olean Miners. In 1898, McGraw’s 143 R & 112 BB were tops in the NL.

DENISON: Mosab Hassan Yousef is the son of a founding Hamas leader. He told a reporter: “I was born at the heart of Hamas leadership . . . and I know them very well. They don’t care for the Palestinian people. They do not regard the human life. Hamas is not a national movement. Hamas is a religious movement with a goal to establish an Islamic state. Hamas does not serve the Palestinian people. Hamas serves Iran. . . . They are using Palestinian people as a human shield.” Why, then, are so many “pro-Palestinian” advocates in the West supporting them?

No comments: