Friday, October 13, 2023

I Robot

Finished reading Isaac Asimov's "I Robot". Science fiction, written in 1950. Dated. But Asimov was ahead of his time. Kinda accurate with his dates, as here we are in the 2020-s with robots and AI. I Robot. iPhones. iPads. I Carly. Perhaps I should check out the Will Smith movie of the same name.

Last Saturday when the Phillie swung and missed, his bat hit the Braves catcher's mitt - so it was catcher's interference. Replays were inconclusive, but based on the reaction of catcher Sean Murphy and the batter (also a catcher), they both knew the bat had hit the mitt. Murphy didn't argue, instead turning his back in disgust.

Thursday night after the Braves were eliminated Ronald Acuna ducked out of the clubhouse early. Usually I wear Braves gear, but Saturday while digging out my favorite Braves long sleeve T-shirt I decided to throw on a plain shirt to wear. Did wear Braves socks and my Crackers cap. Wore something different for the other games.

Any win is a nice win for the Falcons and Ritter. I was watching but later went to meet with a friend. Didn't listen on the radio. Listened to my book instead.

Cardinals in head to toe black, including helmets. Lions in blue jerseys and pants. Jets in white jerseys and pants, playing Broncos in bright orange jerseys and pants.

Some people are beginning to understand the point that Andy Stanley is trying to make.

Is the attack on Israel by Hamas setting the stage for the fulfillment of Bible Prophecy? Many celebrities and politicians are being harassed for supporting Israel instead of the Hammas – a terrorist organization formed for the sole purpose of destroying Israel.

Denison with the backstory of the Middle East conflict.

Monday: got to work and my laptop wasn't working. Had to go to the help desk. Took them half the day, but it got fixed.

So my training is Tuesday through Friday at 7 am. Didn't have to get to work until 8 am today. But when I was setting my alarm last night I forgot. Got up early. I was in the shower when I realized what I had done. Got to the gym early and had time to run 4 miles. Got to work at 7:30.

Thursday: worked past six, in part due to two conversations after five with coworkers. Got home and C had me take something to my other friend Reid's house. He is leaving today on the Pakistan trip that C missed out on. I stayed over there chatting with them. Got home at 8:15, after the Braves had been retired in the top of the first.

Then we ate supper: a chicken stir fry similar to the Panda Express that I'd had for lunch. Did the dishes and so it was 8:45 before I plopped on the couch. Watched the entire game, giving me plenty of time to do all my regular stuff on my laptop (post to my blog, enter sweepstakes, delete junk emails). C went to bed, and during the 8th and 9th I was getting ready for bed.

Up early to run at the gym. Was going to run fast again, but after a half mile my knee and hip started hurting. Had to walk. Eventually I ran a little more. Then SAP training all morning. Got my email box down to two things to do. 

Coworker brought back lemon pepper wings and fries for me.

No comments: