Thursday, October 26, 2023

Mercy Before Judgement

Finishing up Harrison Scott Key’s “How to Stay Married: The Most Insane Love Story Ever Told”. What a good book. Life and marriage and parenting and following Jesus is never hard. Losing parents to divorce and cancer doesn’t help. We are all broken vessels. Most people have to overcome circumstances in life. May not all be the same.

Author Key displayed great courage and love, fighting for his wife and marriage, growing as a husband, father, and Christian in the process. He knew he was at fault just as much as his wife. He may not have known exactly what he wanted, but took the proper actions and stepped out in love because he knew it was the right and mature and Godly thing to do. Wasn’t easy or fun.

A tale of brokenness. Not the type of post one sees on Facebook – which is usually reserved for whitewashed look-how-wonderful-my-life-is type stories. Instead many lessons to be learned from his story, which he tells humbly and with humor.

The book is a tale of two churches, both filled with broken people: one who lived accepting their brokenness, the others not so much. Fortunate they were able to find a group of believers who loved, and showed mercy without judgement, who dropped what they were doing to help out when needed. So hard for me to do this in this age of busyness (and selfishness).

Wednesday I was in training from 7-10 am and then from noon – 3 pm. Lunch yesterday was Chickfila boxes. As usual I gave away my waffle chips. Worked past six with two other night owls, and was rewarded with another Chickfila box for supper.

C had her small group. I didn’t get home until 7:30, after dropping off more items at Goodwill. Plopped on the couch for Jeopardy and Quantum Leap. Entered my usual contests, but inexplicably forgot to post to my blog until this morning.

Didn’t sleep well, perhaps because I drank caffeine yesterday morning. Was up at 4:30 am, then finally drifted off to sleep – until 7:20 am. I had to be at the doctor at 8 am, and barely made it. I hate being late. Was worried my blood pressure would be higher because of my rush, but it was fine.

Then I stopped by the DMV in Alpharetta and got a new drivers license. I think. Hard to understand the guy. Slightly better photo. Had to take off my glasses for the photo. Was apprehensive about the eye test, but the man didn’t tell me to take off my glasses. I could easily read all three lines (probably even without my glasses), but I was told to only read the top line.

Article: how to age better.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.theguardian.com/science/2023/sep/23/eat-beans-and-scratch-your-own-back-expert-advice-on-how-to-age-better-inside-and-out__;!!AE29DT8V!XDV_uS1duqGW9uk7OgIXBXAR23K8TSag1EOG48g1YER5pJWmi32lKcLqyu1wrx8TByjkYuF6GCZrbUqwDBE$

No comments: