Monday, September 17, 2007

Official Scorekeeping

Thursday night I researched the official scoring rules on MLB.com. Pretty interesting but mundane. Will has usually been the victim of hitting it right at someone who makes an error, so his average suffers. I try to be lenient if the entire rec team is weak-hitting…then I’d rule Will’s at-bats the same as the entire team. Christian, the 15-year old coaches son playing against 13 & 14 year olds, has hit two fly balls right at the centerfielder. Both times the centerfielder botched it. Another grounder hit directly at the shortstop was booted…the ball wasn’t hit that hard. Will hit one in the hole that the shortstop knocked down. Colin hit a fly in the gap that neither outfielder could run down. I just like to keep score…it beats just sitting there.
Had my eye on that Sunday Brewers game…Matthew had wanted to run the bases. Night games work out better, but since we went this past Sunday, that may be it for us. We also have the change to go to Six Flags twice…that would be a Sunday. Seeing Andruw’s last home game would be neat.

Coworker Randy just got back from almost 2 weeks in Seattle. Helped his daughter move, and visited the elderly in-laws for their 60th anniversary. At lunchtime I had to go to the bank and was stopped at a light. I was spaced out, then looked to my left and Randy was next to me in his car, spaced out. I waved him down and met him at Subway.

No comments: