Friday, September 14, 2007

Anniversery

Decided at the last minute to take Wednesday afternoon off. Decision helped by the loud drilling in the office…they’re taking out the shower and replacing it with a second ladies bathroom…just in time for the ogre to move 4 workers back to his office down the road. I haven’t used the shower in several years and don’t expect to need it, but it was nice just in case.

Ceil and I went down to Lenox and a few other places, then ate at Canoe last night for our anniversary. Only turned on the radio once…bases loaded for Frenchy. I turned it off, just missing his big hit.

On the way home we stopped at Borders in The Avenue…ran into Mary Hurt, who had just moved to Crabapple. I never see them, though Ceil’s seen Mary recently at Living Science. Still stressed by the move. Just missed David. They were ‘down south’ for their daughter’s dance and Buckhead Kidstuf practice. They hit Yellowstone this summer…flew into Denver.

Anniversaries and birthdays. Not a huge deal for my family growing up, unlike Ceil’s family. With lots of vacation, I figure taking off helps. I’m a terrible gift-giver, which is Ceil’s love language. Ceil likes to visit the high-priced Anthropologie store at Perimeter and Lenox. Yesterday could’ve gone smoother, but it was short of a disaster.

George Ewing’s Tech roommate hopes to try out for the GT basketball team next month, says his mom. He’s in a league at the Concourse with several ex-NBA players, and averages 35 points a game. Last year Hewitt cancelled the tryout, since he gave 2 spots to Lefty Dreisell’s grandsons. Will is all set to begin basketball practice next month. They play against Smoltz’s son, who’s supposedly not too good…Joel Norman said he blocked his shot.

My old boss was great at reviews…always tried to be positive and give high marks when possible. Felt it did more harm than good to grade low, long term. But he surrounded himself with good people. Have I said that the ogre doesn’t mind a staff of low quality employees? Guess they’re easier to control, boss around, and lord over. Reviews have faded out at my company for some reason…seems like it’s coming from the top down. I’m sure HR isn’t thrilled. I don’t feel like I should have to schedule my own 20th anniversary luncheon, now over a month late.

Tuesday we got all the way out to Powder Springs and Will discovered he’d forgotten his spikes…had to play in white running shoes, but it didn’t seem to effect his play. He couldn’t dig in at the plate. At short he dove for a grounder in the hole, but it bounced just under his glove. Might’ve helped his pitching, because he didn’t stretch out and throw too hard…instead he held back some and threw strikes. I haven’t noticed where his spikes are.

Ceil and Susan’s Beth Moore study will be Tuesdays at Fellowship Christian Church in Roswell, on Highway 92 east of the Super Target. Sounds like a big crowd of women, as opposed to a small group.

My favorite is $40.00 A Day, where she goes to a city and hits a few places. That’s why I like Alton’s motorcycle show, and the new diner show with the weird host that I’m not crazy about.

No comments: