Wednesday, December 29, 2010

December Thrift Store Recap

I suppose I can count my December thrift store purchases as Christmas presents. This month I showed zero restraint, purchasing a total of 23 items (though that did include seven stocking stuffers). Will and Matthew WERE thrilled with the four things I got for them.

Top Ten December Finds:

1. Black Italian leather jacket

2. 1950’s era left-handed baseball mitt

3. Jeans (all I had were ugly faded Levis)

4. Light blue Joseph A Bank dress shirt

5. 1980’s era light blue Kansas City Kings # 15 jersey

6. Navy Chicago Black Hawks practice jersey

7. Green Masters golf shirt (I do have more Masters shirts than I need)

8. Navy Cal T-shirt (the XL may not look good on me)

9. Lime green 1970’s era replica Hawks jersey (Shareef # 3)

10. Grey Masters T shirt (XL, shouldn’t have bought)

My 2010 thrift store purchases most probably outnumber those from any previous year. As fun as it is, I MUST throttle back in 2011. Of the ten items above, I really only “needed” three of them.

In 2011 I’ll try to publish a monthly review of my progress. Hopefully my “Bigger Loser” diet and exercise involvement will take away time normally devoted to ducking into thrift stores. The urge is great.

I am increasingly retreating into my own little world, aren’t I?

No comments: