Friday, February 18, 2011

21

Interesting the Hawks, Braves, Falcons, GT, and UGA all had famous 21s. Tech had famous 21s in both football and basketball (Kaiser, right?).

Roberto Clemente

Warren Spahan

Roger Clemens

Tim Duncan

Dave Bing

Dominique Wilkins

Kevin Garnet

Sammy Sosa

World B Free

Deion Sanders

Roger Kaiser

Tom Hammonds

Matt Harpring

Thaddeus Young.

Calvin Johnson at Georgia Tech (greatest ever college receiver)

Dave Murphy (Central High School 1975-1976)

I wore 21 because I liked Jim Kiick of the Dolphins. My high school team had a cool senior wearing 21, when I was a sophomore. After that I wore 21 as much as possible.

When I went to the Cubs fantasy camp Sosa was wearing 21, before steroids and home runs. I didn’t like him much, so I picked 23 for Ryne Sandberg. The Cubs didn’t have names on their jerseys at the time, so I thought I’d get a plain 23 jersey. They put MURPHY on the back. Had I known that, I might’ve picked 3, for Dale Murphy, even though he was never a Cub.

No comments: