Monday, April 02, 2012

Weekend

Typical weekend. Left work Friday and drove straight to Will’s game, which they won. We all ate at Willys afterwards. Then C took A shopping…I had just found out A was headed to Seaside with a friend.

Saturday both Ceil and I got up early and drove Anna to her friend’s house, way up in Milton. Got her there around 6:50 am. Returned home, and Ceil went back to sleep. I cleaned downstairs, then starting getting out the summer clothes from the bins we’d pulled from the attic.

Arrived at the field in time for Will’s 11 am game, which turned out to be a thriller. At noon I took over grilling burgers, and stayed at that post until after 5 pm. Will’s friend Holt played in the two games after Will’s, so I had his dad to chat with, as well as the other parents in the concession stand.

The sun finally came out around 1:30. I tried to stay in the shade, since I didn’t have a cap. Still got a little sun. Ate a few cheeseburgers and some fries. Ceil had gone to the Dekalb Farmers Market, then she came home and fixed chicken stir fry.

We had the Final Four games on, but I was so tired I went to bed around 9:30. During the night I had an asthma attack, so I got little sleep. Sunday morning I was weak. Ceil was feeling bad as well. Later I went to Kroger “medicine”: caffeine-laced diet Mountain Dew. Also got a haircut. Came home and cleaned up some more. Watched the Nicolas Cage / Nicole Kidman movie “Trespass”. After PCC Joel came over for pancakes.

No baseball this week, so hopefully I’ll get caught up at work. I’ll watch some Masters at night, as well as the men’s and women’s NCAA finals.

Will finally learned that he was accepted at UGA. he still wants to go to UAB, if he can afford it.

Did you see that in the women’s NCAA, in the Sweet 16, in all 4 regions the 2 seed played the 3 seed, and the 4 seed played the 1 seed? And all four number one seeds advanced to the final four. I was watching a good chunk of the women’s games last night.

No comments: