Monday, September 17, 2012

Football Roundup

Lazy weekend of watching sports, though I did do some cleaning upstairs and in the garage.

Spent most of Friday in the boss' office working on pricing. Around 4 pm the VP of Purchasing came in with two UGA tickets: 50 yard line. For the past month Ceil had been saying she wanted to go to a UGA game, so I snatched up the tickets for her. Went home, and Ceil got cold feet. It was a 7:30 kickoff, Anna needed help on a project, Will had a busy day, Matthew wasn't crazy about going. I even offered to drive Ceil and Matthew over for the game, but no dice. Co-worker Darryl had other plans, so I gave the tickets to my friend Reid, a UGA grad whose son loves the Dawgs. Hopefully I won't get in trouble at work.

When FAU scored two early touchdowns to stay even with UGA, I wasn't worried. Watched some of the Clemson game as well. As usual, the Tigers are looking strong early in the season. This week they play at FSU on national TV, so we'll see what Clemson is really made of.

Great that the Braves swept…I watched most of all three games. With 15 game remaining the braves are still 5-1/2 back, so its doubtful they'll catch Washington. Sure would be nice if they did. The Nats are playing with fire, shutting down Strasburg. Their playoff run probably won't go as deep, and an embittered Strasburg could eventually leave as a free agent.

After beating Penn State, I thought Virginia had a strong team. QB Tevin Washington seemed to pass better, though last season he threw well early in the season. I enjoyed watching backup QB Vad Lee have another good game. Tech is going to need his arm when they fall behind late in the game, though I hate the Tech makes their right-handed QB's drop back looking left, where they have to turn their body around to throw the ball. No one else does that.

As I suspected, Virginia Tech is weak this year. They got killed by unranked Pittsburgh. The division could still be up for grabs. Tech still has a chance to go to the championship game.

No comments: