Thursday, September 06, 2012

September Baseball

Fredi is beginning to place more importance on winning each game…bringing in Kimbrel in the 8th, playing Prado at SS, then bringing in Janish at the end. Watching the game last night I was thinking about you.

Last night Uggla put the ball in play, but it didn't appear that he's figured anything out. Seems like he will only play when the pitching matchup is favorable, or unfavorable for Reed Johnson or Constanza.

I do think the batting coaches are helping: more players are cutting down on their swings and stroking singles, instead of continuously swinging from the heels for the fences. Chipper has been like that for years. Great to see Heyward lead off a late inning with a bunt.

Left work at four yesterday and drove to the Roswell Wal-Mart. They didn't have my size battery, so I had to fight traffic up to Windward Parkway. I wanted them to change out the connecting wires, but the mechanic didn't think I needed to…until he finished. He seems like a reliable guy, so I'll probably go back. While I was waiting I checked out the optical department, did some shopping. The waiting room had the issue of GQ with Lang's Dream Team article. Didn't get home until after eight.

I wanted the Giants to win. I'm not a big planner, but I know women like to sweat over all those wedding details. All those Hargreaves girls will be at the wedding…friends of Anna's. Little Caroline just turned 16. She always calls me "Uncle Dave" because Andrew is her cousin, and Claire is my "sister".

Joe Maddon apologized to the press for being late to a press conference, because his manicure went long.

No comments: