Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Smash Burger: Thumbs Up

Last Friday I ate at Smash Burger for lunch. Much better than Five Guys or Flip Burger, and just about as good as my favorite Fuddruckers. They smash the burger flat, so it sticks out from the bun a little, and is cooked all the way through. Great taste. The sweet potato fries were also excellent. I didn't get a milkshake, but they looked much smaller than Fuddrucker milkshakes.

I like to keep a bottle of BBQ sauce in the fridge to use on sandwiches and dry chicken and other meats where ketchup wouldn't be appropriate (not that I use a lot of either). At the grocery store I found a bottle of Dr Pepper flavored BBQ sauce, so I tried it out. The first taste wasn't that good. They also had Coke flavored BBQ sauce.

Yesterday there was a photo of Fred O holding his grandson on Facebook. Neither had any hair, so I commented: "same haircut!"

Jim Haskell was older than me, and I always used to hear people like Fred O talk about him. Hopefully he would hear people talk about me. I had forgotten about being a pallbearer at Norman's funeral. I do remember Fred O's wonderful eulogy, and going to the cemetery.

The waitresses at OK CafĂ© do seem to be good at their job. They appear to all have worked there a long time.

No comments: