Friday, September 14, 2012

Maddux 355, Clemens 354

I got to see Clemens pitch against the Braves in the playoffs, when he was with the Astros. Comparing his stats to Maddux, both are very impressive. Different kinds of pitchers. The reason I hope Roger Clemens doesn't pitch: if he lucks into a win, he will tie Greg Maddux on the all time wins list. I don't want that. Of course, Maddux is probably fit enough to come back and pitch a whole season. Not that Mad Dog was big on fitness.

We went Willys Tuesday night. Lately we've been liking Moes better than Willys. The chips and salsa are better at Moes. Willy's has $4.00 burritos on Tuesday nights in September, if you wear a sports jersey. The four of us ate cheaper than we could at home. I did eat Moe's both yesterday lunch and Sunday dinner.

Monday night Ceil cooked beef tips, egg noodles, and salad. She was offended when I used ketchup, but the meat needed something. Lately I've liked to add BBQ sauce or steak sauce to burgers. Tomatoes, but not lettuce. I like mustard, but lately I've been leaving it off. At Moxie Burger the ketchup squeeze bottle exploded open on me. Anna thought it was hilarious.

Ceil, Anna, and Matthew are at school all day every Wednesday. On Wednesday nights Ceil is always exhausted, and crashes on the couch. With no homework due for a week, M and A usually take a break from their studies.

The new GT BBall unis look good…like throwbacks. Perhaps the Hawks will get going this year. We shall see. That column by Lang was one of the most encouraging things that came out of 9/11.

No comments: