Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Updates: August 18-27

AUG 18: Sunday night I couldn’t sleep. Forgot the Crystal Light that I drank around 5 pm had caffeine. Was tired Monday night, and went to bed early. Our bed is right at the end of the house overlooking the neighbor’s air conditioner. Monday night the AC was LOUDLY groaning like a prehistoric dinosaur about to die (the racket kept me up, so I had plenty of time to think up that description). Tuesday evening the AC was still groaning, and at 10 pm I walked over and complained. At least it was cool enough to open the windows. Slept very well last night.

AUG 19: Monday night Ceil cooked breaded chicken, salad, and crème cheese potatoes. I passed on the potatoes.

AUG 20: Tuesday night she cooked burritos. I went to kick, but my quadriceps were still hurting bad. Walked instead. Watched the Braves.

AUG 26 Heard Uggla went 0-4 with 2 strikeouts. At least Elliot Johnson puts the ball in play. Freddy Garcia was hit hard as well.

Monday night Ceil fixed wings, baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli. I don’t eat wings, so I had to eat the potato. I also ate a leftover sandwich and popcorn. Sunday Ceil fixed grits and bacon. Hard to lose weight when all the food in the house is fattening.

Went to kick, and my leg still hurts. Football practice at Walton High lasts until I don’t know when. 8:30 at least. Anna had the computer and Matthew was doing school, so I read a long article about how alternate jerseys in professional sports became popular, and what the guidelines are in each sport.

AUG 27: Got some figuring out to do on our Comcast. Supposed to have an internet booster and caller ID show on the TV. I do not look forward to spending an hour on the phone with them.

Tuesday night Ceil threw together an OK dish last night that the kids hated: two different kids of pasta mixed together with sausage, onions, and parmesan. She forgot to add spinach. We also had tossed salad. I caught up on some computer work, but had more to do. M and A had plenty of schoolwork due for today’s classes. All Matthew’s moaning and groaning about school made me not want to attack the to-do list I had made, so I just watched the Braves game. Not sure if I’m ready for Uggla to come back. I was going to pop corn, but didn’t want to distract M from his studies. Had yogurt instead.

Speaking of Comcast, I discovered we do not have the new aljazeera network. Last night they were airing a discussion about keeping creationism in public schoolbooks in Texas. The panel included Dr. Georgia Purdom (the Answers in Genesis research scientist that spoke at Will’s graduation) and noted evolutionist Bill Nye (who plays a scientist on TV). Later Dr. Purdom said the show went ok.

No comments: