Thursday, September 26, 2013

Tech "Fans"

Tonight Tech fans are all supposed to wear white. I bet a good percentage don’t…especially in the West Stands. So many GT fans have no concept of what being a zealous sports fans means. In Clemson most fans wear all orange every week. At Georgia everyone has on UGA gear. Not so at Tech. Alumni may dress up to impress the other fans, but its obvious they care much more about being seen than what’s going on down on the field. As an alumni it is embarrassing.

And the team is wearing throwback jerseys, except Tech never wore a jersey with a big dark section above the number. Have I ever said that Tech has the worst uniforms in college football? Back in the 50’s and 60’s and early 70’s Tech had great uniforms. The fans on AJC.com are upset that VT is wearing special helmets. They don’t understand how it works in college football.

Tech fans are different from most sports fans. You can tell not only how they act at games, but also by the comments they make at AJC.com.

I saw photos of all the long lines at Yankee Stadium. Glad I wasn’t there. I’m sure the Mariano bobbleheads will be on eBay for $50-100.00. And Yankee fans will buy them. Not me.

I would like a Greg Maddux bobblehead. Last night I was talking to a guy who had 36 bobbleheads. He knew exactly. Nice conversation, but short. He said I should buy a Maddux bobblehad for $10-$15. I get paid $20.00 per month in Amazon giftcards for doing stuff on the internet. I’ve been buying fun things with the money: a Braves road cap, a Bob Uecker jersey. Might get some shoes, a watch, or an old timey looking baseball mitt. Might also get a Bob Uecker bobblehead.

Enjoyed Stoney River last night. Had a coffee-marinated filet that was wonderful. They were showing replays of the brawl on the TV’s. I could tell something had happened. I knew Uggla was playing but hadn’t been in the starting lineup, and Freeman wasn’t playing first. Went home and caught up with what happened.   

They should start calling McCann “Pudge” after Carlton Fisk, who did the same thing to Deion Sanders. How many home runs has that Brewers guy hit? He is certainly no Roger Maris. Freeman was right: players should act like they’ve hit a home run before.

No comments: