Friday, September 20, 2013

Lum & Leuze


Yesterday I stumbled across an autobiographical article on Mike Lum on SABR website. That's where I got the MJ nugget. The article said he was living in Atlanta. Later I learned a bunch about my old friend Moe Drabowsky. http://sabr.org/bioproj/person/e4e5530a

Tom is no Louie Giglio, which I'm sure is OK with Tom. I always remember Tom saying, not long after I met him, that Christian Scientists were like Grape Nuts…not exactly grapes and not exactly nuts. Leuze was knocking Lum. When I read that about Lum coaching MJ I did cringe, though I knew that he was a well-respected hitting coach in baseball circles.

Leuze was my roommate for several years, a fun guy. In our single days I always regret not road-tripping with Tom up to Yankee Stadium and Fenway. He took his brother. I wasn't invited, but probably could've tagged along. Tom is now a college professor and attends many nearby Reds games. I had lost contact with him until Facebook, and got to see him at a Braves game a year or two ago.

Hopefully Uggla can carry his success Wednesday night over to this weekend at Wrigley Field and on to the postseason. Same with other players as well. Would be nice to get Reed Johnson back to pinch-hit. Haven't heard an update recently.

Interesting photo from last Sunday when the rookies had to dress up. Some (like Gattis) looked worse than others.

Have you seen a recent of Will? He's starting to look like Johnny Damon. Or the outdoorsman from my favorite Dr. Pepper Ten commercial.

Now that Matthew got his braces off, it looks like it's about to be Anna's turn.

No comments: