Wednesday, September 04, 2013

What Else Happened

Friday evening C and M finished up some schoolwork, and went to Publix and Target. I turned on the Braves. Then C and A went to the mall. Later they came home and fixed chili. By then I had already found something to eat.

Saturday while I was downtown Ceil took Matthew to the Celebrate Freedom concert at Jim R Miller Park. Ceil got to learn about the heat and crowds I had battled the past three years. This year Switchfoot was next to last, so they got to leave a little early. Ceil got to meet Switchfoot in the autograph line, and was impressed.

Anna went to dinner with Caroline Hargreaves in downtown Woodstock. Anna was house-sitting for a neighbor, so she spent the night across the street Saturday and Sunday.

Friday Will drove to Anderson SC to see Mary-Clayton’s brother’s football game, then spent Friday and Saturday night at his cousin’s apartment in Clemson. Saturday morning Will went to ESPN College GameDay, and watched the game from a friend’s tailgate TV. He could’ve gone to the game, but there was only one ticket.

Sunday Will called me. He had decided to come home and surprise Ceil. I drove Matthew to his lunch at the Lindbergh through the terrible thunderstorm. Left my car at PCC and Ceil picked me up. C wanted to give her umbrella to a lady standing in the rain. The lady was mentally imbalanced and didn’t want the help. For a minute I thought I was about to become a widower. On the way home Ceil was hungry and not feeling upbeat. I talked her into stopping to eat at Willys, and coordinated it with Will. He walked in the door just as we were ordering. It made Ceil’s day.

Later C and W went to the grocery while I napped. I was exhausted and famished from my big Saturday. I had chili, a small Willys taco, leftover homemade ice cream, Gatorade, and popcorn. Watched the Braves and some golf. A and M came home, and Ceil grilled chicken and mixed vegetables, baked potatoes, French bread, pound cake, and fresh strawberries.

Monday Will left for Athens at 10 am. A and M did homework. I did some laundry and worked on eBay stuff. Watched the Braves and some golf. M and C went to the grocery, and we had hot dogs, baked beans, French fries, onion rings, and slaw.

Even after resting up both Sunday and Monday, my leg still hurts…bad. Saturday I kicked twenty times, making 17 of 19 field goals. That was more than I kicked in any of my practice sessions, especially after I hurt my leg.

No comments: