Friday, October 23, 2015

Brave Questions

Not really too much Braves stuff to discuss those last few weeks of the season. Just wanted to get it over with. Good that football grabbed the casual fan's interest. I guess there won't be much movement until after the World Series, huh?

Does Fredi become more entrenched as the number of Spanish-speaking players increases? Perhaps your idea of signing Cespedes is valid. Cespedes will command big bucks but was he traded twice because of his contract or because of some negative reason?

What will it take to unseat Fredi as manager? I ask wondering if the Braves would make a move if the perfect candidate became available? Is there a perfect candidate? I'm not sure there is. Last year when Joe Maddon became available the Cubs quickly jumped on him. Seems like Maddon is not exactly Braves material.

I should have realized that UGA fans are even worse than Braves fans when it comes to unrealistic expectations. I'm learning to stay off social media on Saturdays. Tech can lose five straight games after winning the Orange Bowl and the fanbase hardly stirs.

Will has a SEC Network all access pass to use the rest of the season. He watched part of the Alabama game from the sidelines. His interview at the medical school in Augusta went well last Friday but it will still be a few weeks for he knows anything. Eight hundred apply, 150 are interviewed, but only 40 are accepted. In early November he has an interview with the medical school in Charleston.  

ROB: After the World Series, the baseball hot stove will heat up.  I don't know how it will happen, but I don't think Fredi will be the manager in 2017.  I still think Bud Black will be the next manager - if someone does not snap him up first this winter.

After I took off both last Thursday and Friday afternoon, co-worker Wanda was out sick Monday. Still I spend most of yesterday writing that 2100 recap. It has received over 220 page views, which is pretty good for me. I thought a football reunion might be more interesting than a regular reunion, and it was. Not sure why two guys stayed away, though I'm sure they might've had good reasons. My dad enjoyed going to the game with me. After I posted the recap I went back and took out a couple of things perhaps too personal that people might not have wanted me to share.

Super busy week here at work. Monday I wrote the 2100 word football reunion recap. Since then I've been buried in real work. Still digging out. Today should be quiet but I have to help with physical inventory today and tomorrow.

I've got an out-of-ordinary lunch streak going. Last Wednesday I ate at Waffle House. Thursday and Friday I took off early but are leftovers at work. Monday I brought hot dogs for lunch but we had sandwiches and salad at the sales meeting. Tuesday I ate leftover breakfast sandwiches from a meeting I didn't have to attend. Wednesday I ate lunch at home (leftover meatballs) before heading to work. Thursday Jonathan and I had lunch at Ruby Tuesday (salad bar) with vendor Burch. He must be close to 70 because he too is celebrating his 50th wedding anniversary. Today they're bringing in Papa John's pizza for lunch.

The bad news: Our water bill doubled and a few months later doubled again. I had the water department check and there's a leak. On Wednesday I stayed home to meet the plumber, who determined the leak is inside the slab. Not good. Yesterday the leak detector determined the leak is in the kitchen near the refrigerator. Ceil has more people coming out today.

Tuesday Ceil cooked two kinds of soup, and we still have those leftovers. Picked up M last night in Midway, so I didn't get home until 9 pm. M drove all the way. Service at the Midway Wendy's was terrible. Long line at the drive thru and a long wait inside. Ceil was watching Project Runway. They're down to the final three. 

Anna is enjoying school – hopefully not too much. Matthew may cut his very long hair.

Having read the SI article on Chris Bosh, seeing him in the blood thinner commercial with Arnold Palmer and Kevin Nealon is no surprise.

No comments: