Saturday, June 04, 2016

Black Superman


With the possible exception of Herschel Walker, the greatest athlete of my lifetime passed away yesterday, Muhammad Ali. Olympic champion. Heavyweight champion of the world. GOAT. The Champ. Little wonder the song on my mind all day was the 1975 Johnny Wakelin hit.
Throughout his life Ali did many remarkable things, even after being stricken with incurable Parkinson's Disease. He will forever be linked to Atlanta for his dramatic appearance at the close of the Opening Ceremony of the 1996 Olympic Games.
I am proud to have been part of that torch relay, which concluded with such a memorable caldron lighting.
Also on my mind today in relation to Ali: his eternal destiny. While many (like Mike Tyson) placed the champ in God's hands, I wonder where the confessed Muslim's eternal soul rests tonight. And I'm not the only one. As always, Elizabeth Prata pulls no punches on the subject: http://the-end-time.blogspot.com/2016/06/jan-crouch-and-muhammad-ali-questions_4.html

No comments: