Sunday, May 14, 2017

GBraves Star Wars Part 2

I had a good time at the Gwinnett Braves game Saturday night. Perfect evening for a game. Sat on a concrete bench behind the outfield berm, perfect for listening to the chatterers of those around us.
NEWS FLASH: Princess Leia's hair buns are fake, but she might be more charming than the original. When I asked if she'd been at SunTrust Park last week, she cagily went vague. Said she's worn orange, so I asked if she was the one dancing behind the drum line. Her face brightened and she admitted to having a good time that night. Didn't tell her about the less than flattering escalator picture I'd taken.
Stormtroopers stand guard as the first pitch was thrown. Note the young choir behind the plate. In addition to the national anthem, during the seventh-inning stretch they sang God Bless America and Take Me out to the Ball Game.
Hard to tell but the young "lady" below has a blue face. Saw her earlier before she put on her gloves. The color of her hands didn't match her face. Pretty sure she's a friend of coworker Dennis.
From a distance this Jedi looked like Suzi Voyles. Good shot of the apartments and pool just beyond the stadium fence. Hate it when the picture makes it look like a lightsaber is growing out of my head.
Followed the Star Wars group from right field to left. As I walked I noticed the two young lovers in front of me holding hands. Love truly knows no boundaries. Perhaps a futuristic Romeo and Juliette.
During a pitching change while the loudspeakers play Cotton Eye Joe one of the stormtroopers showed her skills. Han Solo wasn't impressed.
I always like good vertically-arched lettering,
but perhaps this wasn't the best application for it.
Went over to the left field bleachers to chat with Johnny and Hugh. Just when the talk turned to old Ponce de Leon Park we noticed this nicely groomed gentleman sitting down the aisle with his wife. He noticed my Uecker jersey as I admired his authentic zipper-front Eddie Mathews jersey. He asked if I'd been to ol'Poncey, and I finally admitted it was before my time. He looked good for a 70 year-old.
 Another good jersey: this guy's Nick Laloosh jersey from Bull Durham.

No comments: