Sunday, May 07, 2017

Star Wars Night Part 2

My second game at SunTrust Park. Still plenty of exploring to do.
My seat was on the top row of section 418. Nothing behind me except the fence, Dobbins AFB, and Kennesaw Mountain. A stiff breeze was blowing. Great view of Matt Carpenter's home run into the Chop House in right field.
The Braves heavy hitters drum line marches through the mezzanine,
a place that stays crowded throughout the game,
and gridlocked when it started raining.
Not sure if these were Norman's friends or not. AJC photo.
When I got to my seat the crowns of the king and queen
were gleaming in the distance.
Note the positioning of the floodlights above the canopy.
Hard to see in my photo, but Stone Mountain was easy to spot on the eastern horizon. In fact SunTrust Park is almost directly in the line
between Kennesaw Mountain and the big rock.
The Braves retired numbers.
Photographic proof that Jackie Robinson's 42 is displayed.  
Should've angled my phone to get Kennesaw Mountain behind me.
The Xfinity Rooftop. I need to pay a visit there soon. The bright blue spot at the lower left is the jumbotron outside the stadium, near the grassy area.
Braves beat writer Dave O'Brien snapped this photo
of the threatening clouds.
Attendance was over 40,000,
but with so much to do in the ballpark many seats are often empty. 
Found an empty bobblehead box sitting all alone in the upper deck.
View from the First Base Gate.
My first visit to Braves Monument Grove.
Lots of people snapping pictures of the new Hank Aaron statue.
Bobby Cox stands guard outside the First Base Gate.
Down the street to his left is The Battery.
View from near Cobb Parkway looking back through The Battery
toward the Chop House Gate.
Street is vacant because the road is blocked.

No comments: