Sunday, July 16, 2017

July 2nd Trip Downtown

Early Sunday morning July 2nd I drove downtown
to pick up my Peachtree Road Race number at the World Congress Center.
Before I turned left into the parking lot I had a view of :
(L-R) the GWCC, the Georgia Dome, & the new Mercedes Benz Stadium.
In the Congress Center there was a display
with the names of all 60,000 runners.
Thought I might have a problem picking up Will's number.
I signed him up using his Augusta address
but his driver's license still says Marietta.
When I explained it to the girl on the left,
she brightened and asked "Is he in PA school?" She knew him!
I ran into someone I knew as well:
Phil the Bucket from the Braves' Home Depot Tool Race.
When I left the GWCC I headed south on Northside Drive.
The new stadium towered over the Georgia Dome.
Pardon the dirty windshield.
 On September 30th a 5K road race finishes in the new stadium.
I'm thinking about volunteering or running in it,
just to be able to look around inside.
Above: the northwest corner.
Below: view from Northside Drive looking north.
 Below: the southwest corner.

No comments: