Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Luke & Lorelai on Seinfeld

Matthew and I watched a Seinfeld episode last night. I was looking up how much a Scott Patterson baseball card from the early 80’s was selling for on line. He was a career minor leaguer but his card sells for $40.00 – because he starred on Gilmore Girls. I’ve about decided my next Braves jersey will be a 1976 red pinstripe #42 with PATTERSON on the back. I noticed he once guest-starred on Seinfeld as Elaine’s boyfriend.
Then I discovered Lauren Graham was one of Jerry's 66 girlfriends - the one who ranked Jerry low on her speed dial. One of 37 guest stars highlighted here. 
Monday evening was pretty normal. Ceil went to Trader Joes to get spaghetti sauce. Had meatballs and salad. After dinner Will needed to print off resumes for his interview at Piedmont. Ceil went with him and they made a couple of other stops.

I watched the Braves. They’re making a bunch of moves. They dropped a reliever this weekend and called up another. Jose Bautista and Tyler Flowers played with Gwinnett yesterday and could be called up by the end of the week. Both could provide protection for Freeman in the lineup (and Acuna when he arrives).

Pitchers gotta pitch. They can tinker on the sidelines but need game action to see if what they’re trying will work. Tough when a guy pitches one inning (or less) three or four times a week. Poor Sam Freeman has already pitched in 14 games. That’s a 90 game pace. Last year he pitched more times than ever before. Hopefully he will hold up and get back on track.

Yesterday Panama City news personality Logan Kirksey messaged me. He was a friend of the Suggs boys back in the day. Logan wondered if I worked for the Braves since I’d been posting so many pictures lately. I have been to six games in 26 days, but it might seem like more because I may post several pictures from a game, but only one per day.

Speaking of social media, they was a great-looking photo of Don Head posted the other day. The guy keeps getting better looking. Me and Mark Fallis keep getting uglier. Actually we’re starting to look like each other. Mark and I talked about how hard it is for older guys to survive these days in corporate America, with the increase of technology and younger employees. What has worked for us for years may be frowned upon because it no longer synchs with what the younger guys are using. Mark: “I can keep this phone list right here in my pocket, and pull it out and share it to you. It won’t ever crash, and if I crash then I won’t need it any more.”

Boss was late this morning so he stopped and brought in Chickfila biscuits.

No comments: