Friday, December 07, 2018

Haven Moses Fred Biletnikoff

Back in the day I always thought Broncos receiver Haven Moses wore his uniform a lot like his AFC Western Conference contemporary Fred Biletnikoff, which is quite odd because Moses is black and Biletnikoff white. Same old style too small helmet with a double bar face mask. Same number 25. Sleeves cut short for better flexibility. Pants too short, exposing the knee (like today’s players). Socks pulled high but not too high. Back then only one or two other players dressed like that (besides me).
 
Last night I saw a tweet from the Pro Football Journal, whom I follow for all the old pictures they post. It was a picture of Haven Moses. I replied with side by side pictures of Moses and Biletnikoff. Pro Football Journal liked retweeted my tweet. The tweet received by far the most readership ever for me, currently with 1657 impressions, 231 engagements, 175 media engagements, 18 likes, 23 detail expands (mostly me), seven link clicks, seven all-important profile clicks, and one retweet. But zero additional followers, darn it. Still 38,000 behind Lang.    

Man back in the day I inherited my grandfather’s record collection. He might’ve had some of those old albums. I remember an Anita Bryant LP. I still have some of them (I think). My parents also have a stack of old records.
 
Thursday: with so many people out I still had a busy day. Just after 5 pm an emergency hit, plus I had to completely dig through my files to look for something. Never found it. Didn’t leave work until 6:45. Made most of the light going home.
 
We decided to go to Pappasito’s one last time. Melt in your mouth chicken fajitas. Shared the small order and still brought half of it home. Gassed up the CRV on the way back. Was after 9:30 when we got home. Watched the end of the College Football Awards and Kirk Herbstreit’s Herbie Awards.
 
Friday – another busy day.

No comments: