Sunday, December 02, 2018

A-List Play Day

Today the Braves were having a season ticket holders play day at SunTrust Park, so I snapped up the company tickets.
Everyone had other commitments so I met a few people there.
Arrived shortly before gates opened at noon.
Beat a path to the Delta Club, hustling past Charlie Leibrandt and Pete Smith for a prized spot at the front of the lunch line. Chowed on BBQ, hot dogs, freshly made designer pizza, and cookies while watching the college football playoff selections on ESPN. By the time I finished eating the food lines were prohibitively long, and they stayed that way the rest of the afternoon.
The goalposts were still standing from the recent Kennesaw / Jacksonville State football game, making for a rare sight at SunTrust Park.

End zone.
 50 yard line.
KSU logo at midfield. Incredibly, in the second photo above taken from the stands looking through the goalposts,
you can see me taking this photo. Look!  
Though I've been out on the field at SunTrust Park several times, I realized I'd never run the bases. Well I didn't run,
 
Merry Smoltzmas

 The rest of the guys.
Leibrandt and Smith conduct a pitching clinic. Would've been fun to listen in. Later Marquis Grissom and Brian Jordan put on a hitting clinic. The Braves GM conducted a state of the Braves Q&A with Jim Powell. You could listen in person, but the interview was also broadcast on the jumbotron as well.
Items in the Braves Clubhouse Store were 25% off, but I passed on the $30.00 navy Braves New Era stocking cap I covet (hint), as well as several caps with reduced prices. I'd heard this year's giveaway was a cap, this red 47 brand Chop On beauty. 
Fans were given the cap when you left the ballpark.
I had four tickets so I wanted to get four caps,
so for fun each time I left I went out to the car and changed into a different Braves outfit.
Green Acuna jersey with a green Gwinnett cap...
 Navy Heyward jersey with my new tomahawk trucker cap...
Navy Braves long sleeve warmup with black snapback
(I know, I should've brought my navy road cap).
I forgot to snap a selfie
(with the new 2018 championship pennant in the background)
wearing my red Murphy BP jersey and July 4th cap.

No comments: