Thursday, January 19, 2023

Cajun Sausage Gumbo

Last night M cooked supper: cajun sausage gumbo. Spicy but good.

On the way to the gym this morning I realized I hadn’t recharged my watch. I wasn’t able to record today’s workout, so basically it didn’t happen.

Then on the way to work I had to stop for gas. My RaceTrac rewards total hit a new goal, so now I get a free soft drink every week instead of every month. If I gas up at RaceTrac three times a month for the next year I’ll reach a new rewards level, and get a free soft drink every day – a “savings” of $240.00 a year. But if I buy gas at BP three times a month at $0.15 off a gallon I’ll save $54.00 a year. So RaceTrac it is.

Today Shivonne went to story time at the library, and stayed in her little spot the entire time.

VINCE COLEMAN   [SABR Bio] considered himself the greatest stolen base artist of all time. In his first three years Coleman led the majors. In 1985. 1986 & 1987 he swiped 110, 107 & 109 bags. He led the NL for the next 3 years, but never stole that many again. He finished his career in 1997 with DET, playing six games, reaching base three times, but no stolen bases. He was the first player since 1906 to strike out 98 times in a season with no home runs in 600 at bats in 1986. On 26-Apr-1993, Coleman accidentally struck Doc Gooden’s right shoulder blade with a golf club while practicing his swing in the Mets’ Shea Stadium clubhouse.  Doc was not seriously hurt, but had his scheduled start that evening pushed back one day.

I saw a good two-minute clip of an Andy Stanley sermon with closed captioning, so I took notes. One of the reasons Andy is such a good communicator is that he speaks in short sentences. He makes things simple.

When it comes to monitoring your heart

there are four things to watch out for:

guilt, anger, greed, and jealousy.

They have the potential to rot your soul.

They will ultimately defile you.

They will ultimately put you at odds with God

if you don’t set things right. They will ultimately define you.

They hurt the people around you. Because they leak. You leak.

Guilt says “I owe you”. I have a secret and I owe you.

I owe you the truth. I owe you restitution for what I took.

I’m living with guilt because I owe you.

I owe you an apology because of what I said.

I have argued and made excuses.

I’m living in guilt because of what I did. 

The solution is to confess.

And when you confess you will make a mess.

You’ve already made a mess.

As long as you just manage the mess

you are just making a bigger mess. The question is,

are you going to put an end to the mess and move forward?

Or are you going to not address it. Somebody already knows.

You may think you are good, but you aren’t that good.

People closest to you already know something is wrong.

They’re going to find out.

You’re going to keep making up excuses or fess up.

Or you can stand up straight

and invite God into this area of your life

and say I’m going to confess and deal with this mess.

This is not where I intended to be with relationships.

I want this to end. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnkzQhLtkjx/

No comments: